@toluogunlesi: “ #health services are in shambles, our hospitals reduced to mere consulting clinics without drugs & equipment.”Abacha;1983″
- Incredibly positive story of how #Nigerian Seun Adebiyi is starting Nigeria’s 1st national bone-marrow registry http://nyti.ms/M9F4kF#health
- If you thing you have seen it all – watch this footage from
#LUTH‘s theatre – #Nigeria‘s foremost teaching #hospital http://bit.ly/M9lncN @SaharaReporters: UNILAG Vice Chancellor Dies After Heart Attacks http://fb.me/1Lz5Fjsp2” ….so sad! I dare not ask about the #ambulance @USEmbPretoria: MSF says #Nigerian government has not done enough about lead poisoning in gold mine http://aje.me/ISNZX0 (Al Jaz)
- Father petitions minister over daughter’s death at childbirth in tertiary care centre – FMC, Umuahia,
#Nigeria #MSF spends over $5 million yearly to treat people affected by lead poisoning in northern #Nigeria since 2010 @my123health – this is serious!!! LASSA FEVER: 5,000 NIGERIANS KILLED, 300,000 INFECTED ANNUALLY – EXPERT; read full story – http://bit.ly/HP7b8b @CitizensPlatNG – The Enugu State Ministry of Health has received a drugs revolving fund worth N700 million from the Department for International Development. @BBCAfrica: MSF has called on the #Nigeria government to do more to deal with lead poisoning. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-18031001” ….oh #Nigeria# @NigeriaNewsdesk: Lagos ACN has berated those who criticised the state government for sacking the striking doctors in its employ.” #noteasy @omojuwa – Doctors are the only civil servants that are allowed to practice privately without breaking any law! @PremiumTimesng Sacked doctors are to vacate government quarters immediately or be forcefully ejected
@peteagida: @elrufai. Sir, should the govt blackmail doctors with the oath?”…no need, they willingly and voluntarily subscribed to it… @DeleOlojede: @elrufai @demho11 Certain kinds of people who should not – or should not be allowed – to strike in public interest” #doctors
- Chukwu – Hospitals will remain open despite strike by labour unions
http://bit.ly/KTbV7I…open is one thing – treating patients another.
@solomonsydelle – Ranbaxy setting up 2nd manufacturing plant in #Nigeriahttp://ow.ly/aO1ME big #pharma coy to produce drugs for #Africa #jobs @ogundamisi: Jonathan vows to eradicate polio by 2015 (Channels Television, April 24, 2012) #GEJVOWS“…..not by vowing…..
- Imagine any other city with 10 million people and no public sector healthcare – no
#doctors, no ambulances – #onlyinLagos #lagdr
- As LASG continues power tussle with
#doctors….Not a good time for #Lagos citizens to fall ill. It could be a death sentence. #lagdr
- The Nation – ‘Why doctors were fired’ –
#Lagos State Governmenthttp://bit.ly/IXRa0C #whattobelieve #Nigeria
- Thisday –
#Doctors‘ Dismissal in #Lagos, #Nigeria Is Final, Says Lagos Govt http://bit.ly/IXQY1f #whattobelieve
#Lagos #doctors strike continues, 25 general hospitals and Lagos State Univ Teaching Hosp discharges all patients
#Nigerian Medical Association threatens to shut down health sector but LASG says it is not intimidated http://bit.ly/JeNIJr #health
- The new President of the
#Nigerian Medical Association is Dr Osahon Enabulele, a Consultant Physician in UNIBEN. What a time to lead the org #Lagos State fires 788 medical doctors following their refusal to suspend their 13-day-old industrial action @olumidecromie A consultant ophthalmologist in OOUTH has been kidnapped for 3 days now. Kidnappers demanding a ransom of N100million @ogundamisi
- Adeoyo Specialist
#Hospital, off Ring Road, Ibadan, Oyo State in total darkness http://bit.ly/J6YJhE #health #nigeria
- Former Chairman and Secretary of ALGON accused of stealing N2.5bill from
#Nigerians earmarked for PHCs in all 776 LGAs
- Expect Malaria-Eradicating Vaccine by 2025 –
#Nigerian #HealthMinister http://bit.ly/KaOJF9…you would think we are leading the effort! #Lagos State Government completes 7 new maternal and child care centres across the state http://bit.ly/K1z9xo #Nigeria #health
- Executive Director of NHIS,
#Nigeria, Dr. Abdulrahman Sambo – only about 2.4 million people were enrolled by NHIS @NigeriaNewsdesk The Ogun government is to start community-based health insurance scheme (CBHIS) in August.
- New study – High rates of
#obesity and #hypertension among Igbos, especially in the urban settings. Thttp://1.usa.gov/J4iiqL #Nigeria @resourcedat Former Nigeria star Rashidi Yekini has
passed away after suffering from mental illness for the past two years
- AGM of NMA ends with election of new officers. Major achievement of outgoing executive under Dr Idris Omede is “uniting” the Association.
- AGM of
#Nigeria Medical Association holding in #Abuja– Guest of honour @ opening ceremony: First Lady – Dame Jonathan. #interesting choice
- Interview with Dr. Ugo Okoli – National Coordinator of the
#NigerianMidwife Service Scheme http://bit.ly/KtyIXC #health
- DELSUTH, Oghara, acquiring skills & facilities of
#Nigerian medical doctors abroad, to become centre of excellence @resourcedat CODE OF CONDUCT FOR DENTAL & MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS
- Foreign medical graduates to be tested before practice – MDCNhttp://bit.ly/IChUUb – has always been the rule before “MDCN “exemptions”!
- Chukwu – Boko Haram – new trauma centres at National Hospital & Gwagwalada to soon be completed and commissioned.
- Chukwu – New
#polio eradication emergency plan in #Nigeria different from previous- includes accountability framework
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has…Margaret Mead