Nigeria Health Watch strives for transparency and trust when it comes to protecting your privacy and we aim to clearly explain how we process your information. It’s important to us that you should enjoy accessing the content on the Nigeria Health Watch website without compromising your privacy in any way. This policy outlines how we use different types of personal information, and the reasons for doing so. You have the right to access, change or delete your personal information at any time.
Our policies will be updated from time-to-time. Please refer back regularly to keep yourself updated. This policy applies to “users” who receive Nigeria Health Watch content; that is anyone registering or interacting with any of our content or services. This includes event attendees, subscribers.
Collection and use of your information
The information you provide us, helps us to deliver more relevant content as well as create a more seamless experience when you access our content. We collect and store information about you when you subscribe in order to deliver content to you (such as your subscription, or to let you know about any events we may organise). We do not share your information with anyone, and only for third party suppliers who want to understand your experience. We also collect information from you if you have attended any of our events, and provide your consent.
Information we collect
Information you provide us which we need in order to provide you with our content
There is certain personal information that we need in order to provide the content and services that you have chosen. Examples of details we collect in order to for you to access our content include:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Your town of residence
- Your Organisation
- Your main area of work
Information we do not track
We do not track or collect any sensitive information about you. This includes race, religion, ethnicity, and political opinion.
How we use your information
We primarily use your information for the purpose of delivering the content and services that you have chosen and to personalise our interactions with you. For further details about this, and other ways we may use your information, please read the sections below.
To provide content and services:
- To send you administrative emails about your account, reminders for upcoming events, service changes, or new policies. These updates, changes and notifications are essential for the services that you have selected.
Other uses of your information
- To measure your response and engagement with our content and services such as online content, email newsletters and subscription.
- To ensure our products (including websites and apps) are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors.
- To help us improve our customer and user experience and to support in new content development. We may send customer satisfaction surveys and market research questionnaires (for which we may share your information with third party suppliers employed by us).
- To create audience profiles for personalised content or research and development on and off our websites
Nigeria Health Watch publishes content on social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn through both “organic” and “paid” methods to reach current and potential readers:
- “Organic” methods describe where content is published onto a social platform so that they may appear in your social platform’s content, without being promoted or forced to appear more prominently, e.g. Nigeria Health Watch Facebook Page.
- “Paid” methods describe where content is published onto a social platform so that they will appear more prominently, or be shown to users that do not currently follow Nigeria Health Watch social pages e.g. a promoted tweet.
How we use your details for audience profiling
To enable us to personalise the content you see, we may segment our subscription lists and send targeted content. This is to enable content and message personalisation, and to delivered to you or a group of users (an audience) with similar interests to you, relevant content. You can choose to opt out of receiving content if you wish.
How we work with third parties
As mentioned, we only disclose personal information to third parties when it is necessary for us to understand your experience and to help us improve your experience with us, or when we are required to do so by contract or law. “Third parties” include only contractor looking to understand your usage habits and to improve your current experience using the Nigeria Health Watch website.
- When we send you an email or a push notification, certain information such as message opens, clicks and formatting are recorded to help deliver the best email experience.
- We also employ third parties to conduct surveys on our behalf, to support our content production efforts respectively
- To provide information for auditing purposes by official regulators.
Retaining and storing your information
We securely store your information, and hold it for as long as we need to in order provide our content and services to you in accordance with
- applicable law
- as long as you choose to remain subscribed to receive our content
We review our retention periods for personal information regularly. If you request for us to no longer contact you, we remove you from any future communications.
Keeping your information safe
We take information security seriously and have policies and procedures in place to ensure the information we hold on you remains safe. We limit who has access to your information and ensure that those who do are bound by contracts to keep your information availability restricted and safe.